Luxembourgguidelines.org – How To Play Racquetball. Racquetball is a racquet sport played with a hollow rubber ball on a court (indoor or outdoor). This game was developed by Joseph Sorbet. Later, he also came up with an idea by adding a string racket to paddleball to increase the speed and control of the racquetball. In addition, these sports are different from squash, tennis and badminton. This is because there is no net to hit the ball and there is no lead outside the boundary area at the bottom of the wall.
The goal of this sport is to win points or rallies. Meanwhile, rallying means forcing your opponent to make a wrong shot and making him lose the rubber ball. In this match, the two players who have more points after two sets are the winners. Each set ends when the player can get maximum points. Generally, the player who gets fifteen points is declared the winner. So, how do you play this sport? Come on, see the explanation in the article below.
Benefits of Racquetball Sports
Before knowing the steps in playing this sport, there are several benefits, including:
- The first is physical training. This is because racquetball is played very quickly. So, you can burn a lot of calories when the match is over. Besides that, not only for fitness but can also lose weight.
- Second, it is beneficial for mental health. This is because physical exercise causes the brain to release neurotransmitters which can increase feelings of happiness and reduce symptoms of stress or depression. The sport of racquetball can help develop strategic skills and quick thinking for playing the game.
How To Play Racquetball
The following are the steps and rules for playing this sport, including:
1. Racquetball Equipment
- First is the racket. In play racquetball, the equipment used is 22 inches long.
- Second is a rubber ball. The ball used in this game is made of rubber and has a diameter of 2.25 inches.
- Third is shoes. In this game Wear shoes designed to attract attention. For indoor courts, use shoes that have elastic rubber outsoles and provide the best traction because the floor is made of wood and is more slippery. These shoes are designed to provide lateral stability and cushioning to the forefoot.
2. Score a Goal
- The ball hits the floor more than once.
- The ball jumps or does not hit the front wall without bouncing when making a shot.
- The ball hits another player.
- The ball hits the player who hit it.
- Change of racket hands during play.
- Touching the ball with any part of the body or clothing.
- Throwing the ball with a racket (double hit).
3. Racketball Rules
- The player who serves is determined by drawing lots in the first game.
- When serving, the ball is bounced before being hit against the front wall. Then, it hit one of the side walls before hitting the floor.
- Once the ball in play crosses the line or bounces past the short line, the opponent must hit it against the front wall.
- Apart from serving, the ball can be hit against walls and ceilings as long as it hits the front wall without bouncing.
- An obstacle is caused by a player blocking the ball. This is called let and the point is repeated. Then, players will lose opportunities to take shots at winning points.
That is the interesting explanation above that can be conveyed regarding how to play Racquetball. Hopefully after reading the discussion in this article, you can understand it well, use it as an additional reference, increase your knowledge and insight. And in the future it can be useful and can apply this knowledge in everyday life.