How to Stream Switch on Discord – The Nintendo Switch is a fantastic gaming system for ardent players around. Gamers may decide to broadcast Switch on Discord, a well-liked online chat service, if they wish to screen-share Nintendo Switch with others online. Discord screen share black screen difficulties occasionally occur, and broadcasting Switch to Discord might be a little challenging.
As a result, if you have never performed the work before, you may not know what to do. In such case, relax. You can find assistance in this thread. Here, we’ll provide you some advice on how to broadcast Switch to Discord so you can do the work without difficulty. Let’s begin without further ado.
Also Read : How to Rack or Set Up Pool Balls for Begginer
Streaming switch to Discord preparation
As far as we are aware, the Nintendo Switch does not have a Discord app, therefore you cannot directly broadcast Switch gaming to Discord. You must use a PC or laptop to connect your Switch effectively. Additionally, you must get ready the following things:
1. a capture card for video
You must get a video capture card ready because most desktop and laptop computers lack HDMI ports, making it necessary to link your Switch and PC. However, you may connect the Switch to your computer directly if it has an HDMI connector. You should have a video capture card that allows internet streaming in terms of preparation. Typically, electronics stores are where you can get these capture cards.
2. a streaming application
Additionally, you must pick a top-notch streaming program. The business claims that OBS Studio and VLC Media Player are the two most well-known tools for internet streaming. They both have notable distinctions despite being open source and totally free. VLC Media Player is a good choice for beginners as it offers an easy-to-use interface. Try OBS Studio if not. In addition to broadcasting, it enables additional activities like screen recording. Here, we’ll use the VLC Media Player as an illustration.
3. Other requirements
You need the Discord PC software and HDMI connectors in order to stream Switch on Discord. You are prepared to begin broadcasting Nintendo Switch content on Discord once you have four things in your possession. Check out the instructions below now.
How to Stream Switch on Discord
Step 1, Connect Switch to Capture Device
- Make a secure connection between the Switch’s USB-C ports and the Dock.
- You must connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the capture card’s “In” port after plugging the HDMI cable into the Dock’s HDMI Out port. Following that, you may connect your Dock’s HDMI to your capture card with success.
- Next, attach the USB cord from the capture card to your laptop or computer.
- To turn on your Switch after connecting, hit the power button in the upper left corner. The Nintendo’s display screen will then appear on your PC.
Step 2, Set Up VLC Media Player
- Then, copy and paste the following code into Notepad on your computer:
C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" dshow://
:dshow-vdev="Game Capture HD60 S (Video) (#01)"
:dshow-adev="Game Capture HD60 S (Audio) (#01)"
:dshow-fps=60 to the Notepad
- Start the VLC Media Player, then open the Media window by selecting “Media” > “Open Capture Device…”.
- Set DirectShow as the capture mode in the Open Media window. Next, in the Device Selection window, set the Video & Audio Device name to match the capture card’s name.
- Paste the pasted code into the Edit Options box after clicking the “Show More Options” button on the left.
- Close this streaming software once you’ve finished with the settings.
- Right-click on the VLC shortcut you found on your desktop. Following that, choose “Properties,” go to “Target,” and paste the copied code into the Target box.
Step 3, Set Up Discord for Streaming
- Join a server after launching Discord on your PC. After joining, the column on the left side of the window will display a list of channels.
- To join a voice channel, click the Speaker icon after that.
- Select “Screen” from the menu at the bottom of the channel list.
- Choose the VLC display by clicking “Application”
- Finally, to broadcast your Nintendo Switch screen, select “Go Live.” Click the monitor with the X inside the thumbnail preview to stop streaming.