Luxembourgguidelines.org – How To Make A Pancake. Pancakes are cakes made from the basic ingredients of flour, eggs, chicken, sugar and milk. Mix all these ingredients using water until it forms a thick dough. After that, fry it on a frying pan smeared with oil. Serving this cake is done by adding butter, syrup, jam and honey. Apart from that, it can also be eaten using cheese, various types of fruit and meat. In various countries, pancakes have different names and presentations. Then, how is it made? Come on, see the explanation below.
Features of Pancakes
Before knowing how to make pancakes, there are characteristics, including:
- First is the shape is round and thin. This is because the manufacture does not use molds. But by pouring the dough one by one on top of Teflon with a standard thickness.
- Second, the basic ingredients for making pancakes are very simple. Starting from flour, eggs, liquid milk, sugar, salt, butter, and baking powder. This depends on the creations that are used. Usually, there is the addition of developer and coloring (optional). For the stirring process can be done without a mixer. Instead, you can use a spoon to make it easier to mix well.
- Third, the texture of pancakes is softer and chewier compared to bread. This is because there are eggs and liquid milk in the dough. Apart from that, it also tastes sweet and is usually served as a dessert.
- Fourth, its characteristic cream and golden color. This is because the cooking process is on Teflon. In addition, the basic ingredients are all white. Starting from wheat flour, granulated sugar, liquid milk, salt and eggs. Then, many chefs developed the idea of making the cake by giving it special food coloring.
- Fifth is sweet taste. This is because there is more granulated sugar than salt. This cake is very suitable to be served as a dessert. In various regions, pancakes have different flavors and characteristics. For this reason, it adapts to people’s tastes.
How To Make A Pancake
The following are the steps for making pancakes, including:
- The first is to prepare the ingredients first. Starting from 100 grams of flour, 250 ml of liquid milk, 1 egg (separate the whites and yolks), salt (to taste), margarine (for spreading), and Ice Cream or Maple Syrup (for topping).
- Mix well and stir the flour, salt, egg yolk and milk with a balloon whisk until smooth or you can use a mixer at the lowest speed.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff using a fork or balloon whisk. Then add the flour mixture to the egg white mixture, stir well. Now, when mixing the flour mixture with egg whites, you can also use the fishing line technique. By taking a little egg white and mixing it into the flour, stir well. Add little by little. Then fold the flour mixture into the egg whites.
- Heat the Teflon over low heat. Then, spread with margarine. Pour about 2.5 tablespoons of mixture, cover. Repeat these steps until the dough is finished. Turn the dough if it looks a little porous and hard on the edges.
That is the interesting explanation above that can be conveyed about prosedure text how to make a pancake. Hopefully after reading the discussion in this article, you can understand it well, use it as an additional reference, increase your knowledge and insight. And in the future, it can be useful and can apply this knowledge in everyday life.