Luxembourgguidelines.org – How To Clean A Cowhide Rug. Cowhide rugs are a type of rug that many people know about because they are very easy to care for. Then, this type of rug can be brushed and cleaned to remove dirt. Starting from dust, dirt, dander, pollen and hair. To remove various food, drink, dirt or mud stains that stick to it, you don’t need complicated equipment. This is because cowhide rugs have properties that are resistant to natural stains and can be removed with water.
Unlike sticky stains, you can use baby shampoo to remove annoying substances. Apart from that, you can also use various types of gentle soap, from foaming hand soap, liquid castile soap to clean cowhide. The important thing is that rug owners must avoid excessive water because it can damage the back and can change shape. So, how do you clean a cowhide rug? Come on, see the explanation in the article below.
How To Clean A Cowhide Rug
The following are several ways you can clean cowhide rugs, including:
# Step 1
- The first is to prepare the tools and materials first. Starting from a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment, a steam cleaner, a clean rag and a butter knife. Then, prepare the ingredients which consist of: baking soda, detergent, shampoo, eucalyptus oil and cornstarch.
- Second, clean the cowhide carpet outdoors or at home. Then, give the rug a good shake. This is done so that you can loosen dirt or dust that is stuck to it and let it fall to the ground to be sucked up. So, roll and fluff the cowhide rug slowly.
- Third, you can vacuum the carpet in and lay it flat. Then, secure the brush attachment to the vacuum cleaner and move it across the surface of the rug in the direction of the hair or carpet hairs. This is done to remove dirt, dust and hair on the surface. This step must be done using a brush and vacuuming in the direction of the hairs on the rug.
# Step 2
- Fourth is to vacuum the carpet using a steam cleaner. This must be adjusted to the direction of the fur and steamed gently with a clothing liner or coating. The important point is, you should not soak it and do not use soap or detergent together when using the steam cleaner. As an alternative, you can sprinkle a large amount of baking soda on the rug. Then, let it sit for 20 minutes, and vacuum it up with a brush or upholstery tool.
- Fifth, clean dirty stains that are still stuck to the carpet. Then, you can use detergent or shampoo with a soft texture, clean and damp cloth. Then, you can wipe the stained area with the direction of your hair and a damp cloth. This is because cowhide is resistant to stubborn stains.
That is the interesting explanation above that can be conveyed about how to clean a cowhide rug. Hopefully after reading the discussion in this article, you can understand it well, use it as an additional reference, increase your knowledge and insight. And in the future, it can be useful and can apply this knowledge in everyday life.