Luxembourgguidelines.org – How To Win At Arm Wrestling. Arm wrestling or known as arm wrestling is a sport that is done by two people. Then, face each other with bent elbows placed on the table, hands held tightly and try to force the opponent’s hands down onto the table. This sport is dangerous and requires practice under the supervision of an experienced person. In addition, you have to master the technique so you don’t get injured. To win this competition is not only showing a great arm but there is some scoring. Starting from arm strength, fighting technique, muscle density, fist size, wrist flexibility and upper body endurance.
Benefits of Exercise
Doing arm wrestling requires muscle strength in the forearms, upper arms and chest. This is done to provide additional strength. Apart from that, arm wrestling apparently provides several benefits, including:
- Can improve muscle development.
- Can increase hand strength and grip strength.
- Can help improve focus and concentration.
- Can relieve stress, improve mood and provide a feeling of relaxation.
- Can help develop self-confidence, creativity, and provide opportunities for self-expression.
Tips Before Doing Arm Wrestling
Here are some tips that you can do before doing arm wrestling, including:
- The first is to warm up. When doing this sport, of course you have to prepare first. This method can be done by stretching the muscles with gymnastics or jumping jacks for at least 10 minutes.
- The second is using the correct technique to compete. The reason is, many people think this sport only applies side pressure to the opponent’s arm, pushing it and dropping it down. By using the correct technique in a match, it is more likely to win and prevent the risk of injury. This method is done by making a strong pulling motion, using your back and shoulders. This aims to make the opponent’s arm closer and away from his body. Then, roll your shoulders and body toward your opponent’s arm and apply downward pressure to overpower him.
- Stand with the foot in front of you on the same side as the arm you are using for arm-wrestling.
- Stand with your hips close to the table so your arms are close to your body. This position can be done not only using arm strength but the whole body when pulling the opponent’s arm.
- In addition to arm and shoulder strength, you can also use your core muscles during the game. This is done to increase the strength of pulling the opponent’s arm down.
- Finally, you must know your own strength when doing these sports. Because if done with coercion will create a greater risk of injury.
How To Win At Arm Wrestling
Here are four tricks you can do to win arm wrestling, including:
- Position your hands on toproll by turning your hands up in the opposite direction of the body. This places the forearm in a prone position (facing downwards).
- Loosen the grip slightly. Then, move your fingers forward as if climbing the opponent’s palm and grip tightly after successfully doing so.
- To help strengthen your grip, bend your thumb and try to place it under your fingers.
- Make sure to keep a firm grip on your opponent’s hand throughout the match. But don’t overdo it until it makes your hands tired. Keep your muscles engaged and controlled, without trying to injure your opponent’s hand.
That is the interesting explanation above that can be conveyed about how to win at arm wrestling.
Hopefully after reading the discussion in this article, you can understand it well, use it as an additional reference, increase your knowledge and insight. And in the future, it can be useful and can apply this knowledge in everyday life.